Children need healthy meals to learn. Exeter-West Greenwich Regional School District offers healthy meals every school day. Breakfast costs $1.40, lunch costs $2.80. Your children may qualify for free meals or reduced-price meals.
If you are concerned about a food allergy that your student has, please notify the cafeteria with this information. A warning will appear on the cashier’s screen for a quick review of the items on the student’s meal tray.
Students may pay for lunch with cash or by using their account. We use a computer-based lunch system that allows students to use their ID number to charge their lunch items to their account. When using their account it must be funded using a pre-payment method.
You can send in prepayment at any time. Although students can add cash to their account by giving it to the cashier at checkout, we recommend that parents send in checks rather than cash. All monies should be submitted only to cafeteria personnel. Checks are to be made payable to EWG School Lunch Program. When sending a prepayment, please include the student’s ID number on the face of the check. If you send in cash please indicate the student's ID number on the face of the envelope.
You will have the ability to monitor student transactions and deposit money electronically onto your child’s account by signing up at https://www.myschoolbucks.com.
Reduced price breakfast is $0.30 and lunch is $0.40. The application form is available online or you can receive on from your local school office. Who can get free or reduced-price meals?
- All children in households receiving benefits from SNAP, FDPIR or TANF are eligible for free meals.
- Foster children under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals.
- Children participating in their school's Head Start program are eligible for free meals.
- Schools are required to serve meals at no charge to children whose household income is at or below 130 percent of the Federal poverty guidelines.
- Children are entitled to pay a reduced price if their household income is above 130 percent but at or below 185 percent of these guidelines.
- The current income and family size criteria can be found under the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines.
Only one application is required per household no matter how many children are attending Exeter-West Greenwich schools. Completed applications can be turned in to any school's main office or mailed to Lineham School, 859 Nooseneck Hill Rd., West Greenwich, RI 02817.